[uClibc]asprintf problem

Daryle C. Lewis lewis at fel.com
Sun Mar 2 09:43:36 UTC 2003

Code: test.c
#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
   char *cmd = "/usr/bin/ping -c %d %s";
   char *command=NULL;
   int ret;
   ret = asprintf (&command, cmd, 1, "10.1.0.3");
   printf ("%d %s\n", ret, command);
}

Runs:
[root at hydra xmlobj]# ./test
27 /usr/bin/ping -c 1 10.1.0.3
[root at hydra xmlobj]# su nobody
[nobody at hydra xmlobj]$ ./test
-1

I don't know quite how current this is, the root_fs is dated  (via ftp)
2/20/03