[uClibc]ld-uClibc-0.9.19.so on powerpc still buggy?

Uwe Müller-Wilm Uwe.Mueller-Wilm at controlware.de
Thu Jun 26 15:41:30 UTC 2003

Hello,

I just tried to use the recent powerpc development system, dated 6 March  (the binary image) and found that the busybox does not start. So I used the uClibc-0.9.19 toolchains and build it for my own, unfortunately with the same results. When replacing busybox with the bash (or using the busybox as a static build) I was able to gdb the corrupt busybox and traced down up to the info that the problem is apparently located  in the dynamic lib loader ld-uClibc-0.9.19.so - to be more concrete in the function "_dl_parse_relocation_information" (located in /powerpc/elfinterp.c).

There is already a reference (004168.html) dated Sept. 2001 concerning this topic but is it still valid? It is irritating that apparently other applications (except the busybox) do not have problems with the library loader. Has anyone made similar experiences with the powerpc version?

I'm using an MBX860 board, and linux kernel version 2.4.20

Thanks for any help and hints,
Uwe Mueller-Wilm
Controlware GmbH