[uClibc]busybox ps garbled characters

Stuart Hughes seh at zee2.com
Fri Jun 20 14:53:52 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I get garbled characters when I run ps (busybox) with uclibc:

#
ps
  PID  Uid     Stat
Command
    1 root     S     .
..o*
    2 _ÄÄ+     S
....o*
    3 root     S     .
..o*
    4 _ÄÄ+     S
....o*
    5 root     S     .
..o*
[snip]

I saw something like this on the mailing list:

http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2003-March/008196.html

But there did not seem to be a final answer.

I'm running as snapshot of uclibc (uClibc-20030616.tar.bz2) on a 5432
mipsel platform.  The packages are built using the native uclibc
compilers.  The version of busybox is 0.52 (old but I saw a report like
this for 0.60.5).

- kernel is 2.4.19-rc1
- proc is mounted
- uclibc .config attached