[uClibc]strptime and mktime problem

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Jun 19 04:06:24 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:20:36PM -0700, Andrew May wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 05:15:46PM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > On Wed Jun 18, 2003 at 05:10:27PM -0600, Manuel Novoa III wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, you're TZ settings are not legal and are therefore
> > > being ignored.  At a minium, you a zone {3 to TZNAME_MAX chars}
> > > _and_ an offset.  Please see (near the end)
> > > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/xbd_chap08.html
> > > for the valid format.
> >
> > Something like PST8PDT for example
>
> PST8PDT and UTC0UTC work correctly.
>
> I would think UTC0 should work but it does not.

What can I say... It works on x86 and on arm, whether TZ is set or not.
There was a previous report of a gcc bug on PPC with respect to the
timezone data initialization code, as I mentioned in my first reply.

If you find a bug in the code, I'll gladly fix it.  If you find a
workaround for PPC, I'll look at it.  In the mean time, I'll put it
on my todo list.  But I honestly don't think I'll have the time to
look into it further for at least several weeks.

Manuel