[uClibc]mipsel ldd address 0x00000000?

Jon Loeliger jdl at vivato.net
Wed Jun 18 18:27:58 UTC 2003

Hi!

Say, is it bad to have an address of all zeros reported
by ldd for some dynamic executable?  Any idea why this
might be happening on a mipsel machine?  In particular,
my floating point printf-from-hell program works with
a snapshot 0.9.19 from a few days ago *if* it is statically
linked using -msoft-float on the build machine first.

But if I take it to the mipsel box, it continues to take
a segfault  if it is allowed to link at run time on the box.
(Other executable manage to do this just fine.)

When I run ldd on the failing executable on the mipsel box,
it shows nothing.  If I run mispel-uclibc-ldd on the build
machine on the executable, it knows that libc (uClibc) needs
to be used, but states its address as 0x00000000.

Hints?

Thanks,
jdl

PS - Did I miss the "search" form for the uClibc archives?