[uClibc]buildtools & gdb

Robin Gilks robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
Thu Jun 5 22:29:48 UTC 2003

Greetings

Silly question time!! I'm getting myself really confused about the
manner in which gdb is built using the buildtools procedure.

As far as I can make out, the gdb.mk file creates an executable for the
target as does gdbserver.mk. I've not built gdb due to a lack of a
'term' library on the target but the gdbserver link is static as
reported by ldd so I've no clue as to which library was used to build it
(but I assume uclibc)!

Does anyone have a .mk file to build a gdb that executes on the host
(i386 in my case) but knows about the instruction set of the target
(PowerPC for me) to run with hardware tools such as the Abitron bdi2000
BDM debugger?

I'd very much like to compare it with the one I've created to see if
I've got it right before my target hardware arrives :-))

Many thanks

--
Robin Gilks
Senior Design Engineer              Phone: (+64)(3) 357 1569
PO Box 1645 Christchurch        Email : robin.gilks at tait.co.nz
New Zealand