[uClibc] Installation path help

Sean P. Robertson spr at netxusa.com
Tue Jul 29 22:13:25 UTC 2003

I am chroot'ed into the root_fs-i386.  Into that file system, I have placed a directory called BUILD_DIR into which I would like to install uCLibc , the Linux Kernel, BusyBox, and a few other things specific to my app.  In other words, absolutely the minimum that I can install to boot the system and launch an app that I am writing.

My question is, how do I need to set the following path settings in order to get uCLibc compiled and installed into BUILD_DIR/lib, BUILD_DIR/usr, etc. and insure that it will still work once BUILD_DIR becomes the root of my filesystem via chroot or an actual boot?

 ($(DEVEL_PREFIX)/lib) Shared library loader path
 (/usr/$(TARGET_ARCH)-linux-uclibc) uClibc development environment dir
 ($(DEVEL_PREFIX)) uClibc development environment system directory
 ($(DEVEL_PREFIX)/usr) uClibc development environment tool directory

I read the Help in Menuconfig and checked the FAQ, but I am still concerned that I will either end up installing uCLib into my live filesystem, or, will have compiled the BUILD_DIR path into the uCLibc installation so that it will not work once I chroot to that directory.

Thanks,

Sean