[uClibc] dlopen() on libraries depends on other share libs.

James Zhu usjaz at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 00:48:43 UTC 2003

Hi, Erik,

I use snmpd to dlopen() my own snmp extension in shared library. It always reports libpthread symbols not found. I know libpthread is already loaded before dlopen is called. (showned by linux strace).

I saw the following from your 0.9.20 release post:

"There is currently one notable exception. Applications that use dlopen() to load libraries that themselves depend on other libraries, may have weak symbols within those depended-upon libraries resolved incorrectly. This problem is currently being worked on. Other than that, everything seems to now be working as expected.... "

I think this is my problem. Is there a fix?

Thanks so much.

-James