[uClibc] TinyX with Xfree 4.3

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 15 08:42:29 UTC 2003

--- Fredrik Johnsson <fredrik.johnsson at orestad-linux.net> a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> A while back some guys said they had tried Xfree86 4.3 without much success.

I should count me as one of them...

> Now i've been occupied with other things and haven't really followed the
> mailing list and can't seem to find any more info.

Me too. Another son, now two months old ;)
I hardly find time to fine tune my scripts recently.

> Has the possibillity for compiling TinyX changed or is to keep on with
> Xfree86 4.2?

Some people recently reported that LD_PRELOAD can be used to force the
render library to be read properly by uclibc ld and get the bins to work,
finally. I still need some time to confirm/infirm this and update
scripts.

I still owe Erik long overdue .mk for xfree. Soon to come...

By the way, got broadband recently, and got hacked into through wuftpd.
As it seems a pretty nasty buffer overflow, do we know yet if such
exploits exist with uclibc/busybox ?

Christian