[uClibc] uclibc question :-)

Karsten Kruse tecneeq at gmx.net
Fri Jul 4 01:05:29 UTC 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Daniel Pezoa wrote:

> What is the function of linuxrc link to executable in
> the root_fs-i386

Read this:
 http://lxr.linux.no/source/Documentation/initrd.txt

> The steps for start using root_fs-i386 should be:
> mount -o loop root_fs-i386 mnt
> chroot mnt
> linuxrc

Not exactly:
 mkdir mnt
 mount -t ext2 -o loop root_fs-i386 mnt
 chroot mnt /bin/sh

Thats all. But what i do is this:
 mkdir mnt
 mount -t ext2 -o loop root_fs-i386 mnt
 mount --bind /proc mnt/proc
 mount --bind /free/space mnt/mnt
 chroot mnt /bin/bash

> And then i compile with uclibc, is that correct ?

Yes.

> Or i need to set the path of uclibc ... , i'am
> confused with this, because when i try to compile
> libiconv-1.8 it print one referebce to glibc:

> undefined reference to '_IO_getc'

> What is the way to solve the problem when one program
> don't compile with uclibc, modify the Makefile?,
> modify the source code?, kill me :-) ?

I never saw that Problem, here are my steps:

 - Get and unpack libiconv-1.7.tar.gz
 - ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-nls
 - make
 - make install or make DESTDIR=/somewhere install

Karsten

--
        Homepage, Mac68k, A/UX-Links und Shorties: www.tecneeq.de
  ()    Linux/NetBSD-Anleitungen, Forum  und Chat: www.newbie-net.de