[uClibc]uClibc development systems updated

Justin Cormack justin at street-vision.com
Mon Jan 27 13:55:39 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 16:54, Erik Andersen wrote:
> uClibc development systems updated, arm image added
>
> CodePoet Consulting is pleased to make available full
> stand-alone uClibc based development systems for x86,
> powerpc, and arm.  These ext2 filesystems contain all the
> development software you need to get started building your
> own applications linked against uClibc.  By using a uClibc
> only system, you can avoid the painful cross-configuration
> problems that have made using uClibc somewhat painful in the
> past.

thanks very much, it is very useful.

Just a couple of comments on this release: it looks like somewhere
hardlinks are not being preserved in the build process, as you get
[root at lotte bin]# ls -l -i /mnt/loop/usr/bin/*++
   2231 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        76492 Jan 24 20:23
/mnt/loop/usr/bin/c++
   1034 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        76492 Jan 24 20:23
/mnt/loop/usr/bin/g++
   1435 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        76492 Jan 24 20:23
/mnt/loop/usr/bin/i386-linux-c++
   1635 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        76492 Jan 24 20:23
/mnt/loop/usr/bin/i386-linux-g++

for example, which seems a waste of space. (many other cases).

Also the non-busybox versions of some programs are there for no good
reason that I can see (/bin/true for example). And the c++ headers look
like they are in the wrong place (/include).

Thanks for putting in all the things that were missing from the last
release...

Justin