[uClibc]buildroot compile error

Tony J. White tjw at webteam.net
Tue Jan 21 23:27:22 UTC 2003

I downloaded the CVS today 20030121 and tried to make buildroot for the
first time.

The build fails when building gcc (for the staging_dir I think, because the
build/gcc-initial directory seems to be intact).  The error is

/home/tjw/src/buildroot/build/staging_dir/i386-linux/bin/ld: cannot open crti.o: No such file or directory

crti.o (I'm assuming) is part of uClibc, but it doesn't look like any of the
uClibc libraries are in the staging_dir.  Should uClibc already be in the
staging_dir at this point?  I tried running make manually from the
build/uClibc-0.9.16 dir, but that failed because
/home/tjw/src/buildroot/build/staging_dir/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc didn't exist.

Is anyone able to reproduce this?  The only thing I'm doing that's not default
is USE_UCLIBC_SNAPSHOT:=false

My host system is slackware-current, so gcc 3.2.1, glibc 2.3.1.

-Tony