[uClibc]PaX and uClibc, more tests

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Jan 13 14:42:22 UTC 2003

Hello!

I have made following tests after the previously sent mail related to PaX:
downloaded i386 iso image (as of 2003.01.12) and tried to boot it.
PaX EMUTRAMP option was disabled for the used kernel.
kernel is booting, (probably because it is using busybox's init, I have
used SysVinit, that won't work)
bash can't be executed, and probably all non-busybox utilities built
against uClibc (I tried to run ./configure to build from source).
It looks like busybox does not have the problem, but "foreign" programs
do.

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI