[uClibc]Using the toolchain

Eric Spakman E.Spakman at inter.nl.net
Sat Jan 4 23:04:44 UTC 2003

> On Sat Jan 04, 2003 at 07:14:37PM +0100, Eric Spakman wrote:
> > How do I manage to get the binaries linked against the uClibc
> > compiled libraries? (Buildroot is no option because it's based on
> > uClibc-0.9.16)
>
> Is something wrong with uClibc-0.9.16 such that you can't
> use it?  Regardless, the _methods_ used by buildroot are
> going to be perfectly applicable, regardless of the uClibc
> version you choose to use,

Erik,

No nothing is wrong with 0.9.16 :-) But for our project we had to
compile a lot of sources, 0.9.15 was the current stable at that time,
choosing an other library version means recompiling and repackaging
al the programs (because uClibc isn't binary compatible between
releases yet).

You can see our work at http://leaf.sourceforge.net, follow the links
to Bering-uClibc.

What do you exactly mean with _methods_? I tried to change buildroot
so that it uses uClibc-0.9.15, but it had problems compiling bash,
gcc and gawk and I gave up.

Eric