[uClibc]Build problems uClibc 0.9.16

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Sat Jan 4 15:14:56 UTC 2003

On Sat Jan 04, 2003 at 02:07:32PM +0100, Henri van Riel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems building uClibc-0.9.16
>
> My system is Suse Linux with a 2.2.19 kernel.
>
> I had problems with 'make menuconfig' but that was solved after
> upgrading gcc to 2.95.3.
>
> After building a config with menuconfig I get the following error
> after 'make':
>
>    gcc-uClibc.c:78: libgen.h: No such file or directory
>
> Of course libgen.h is in /usr/src/uClibc-0.9.16/include so I tried
> adding that to the compiler options in Rules.mak
> (-I/usr/src/uClibc-0.9.16/include) but then I get the following error
> when I try to compile:

No no.  It should be using your system GCC (typically
/usr/bin/gcc) and system's libgen.h (typically
/usr/include/libgen.h).  I have glibc 2.2.5 installed on my build
system and it builds for me.  It will also build vs a uClibc-only
system.  I dunno what the deal is, but I'm guessing you have a
quite old version of glibc on your build system....