[uClibc]About lfs-uClibc

Kyle Cardoza fibertothecurb at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 14:04:10 UTC 2003

--- Claus Rosenberger <Claus.Rosenberger at rocnet.de>
wrote:
> I tried the same. You should use buildroot to build
> the linux-from-scratch
> like you want to do.
>
> there were a lot of changes since 0.9.14 and you
> cannot use the patch in
> the actual release.

Thank you, but from what I read, buildroot is not
suitable, as it needs busybox, which I don't intend to
use, and does not generate a real system, just a
home-compiled version of the rootfs tarball on the
uClibc site. What I'm after is to create a system
_identical_ to a stock LFS system, exept based around
uClibC. Since I am eventually going to have to modify
uClibc for my needs anyway, I figured I'd just do it
and be done with it, but producing a usable
uClibc-based development environment has thus far
proven to be a sticky spot on my road. I'd like to be
able to just set it to be the primary libc, tell it
where the kernel sources are, set full C99 and RPC
support, and make/make install it. Any hints on how
this can be done?

=====
---Kyle Cardoza, OS Fanatic, Unix Weenie