[uClibc]Re: gcc 3.2.2 on mipsel

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Feb 26 02:23:43 UTC 2003

On Tue Feb 25, 2003 at 05:15:48PM -0800, David Wuertele wrote:
> Erik> Yes.  Static binaries work fine on my mips test system.
>
> Is there a single variable in a Makefile, or some other simple way to
> get the buildroot to make everything static?

Nope.

Fortunately however, there is no need.  I just fixed the problem
with the shared library loader on mips....  The problem was a
terribly stupid mistake on my part -- for certain architectures
(like mips) I was accidentally storing the debug structure
address to the totally wrong location in memory which resulted in
a segfault.  The problem is now fixed and I have manually updated
the uClibc daily snapshot.  So if you rebuild uClibc with today's
daily snapshot you should be in good shape.