[uClibc]syslogd failed

Tony Gao tony_gy at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 25 22:49:34 UTC 2003

hi, there,

the syslogd ( in busybox ) compiled by mips-uclibc-toolchain, it
failed with a complain of "Cann't connect to the socket /dev/log,
address is in use" (if I have a dev file /dev/log ), or  "Cann't
connect to the socket /dev/log: Read only file system "(if no file /dev/log
) ,. I feel strange, because I used same busybox in m68 board the cross
compile was very successful, not ask about this socket file.

is anyone know the reason?

thanks.

tony