[uClibc]uclinux and uclibc malloc

Simon Posnjak simon at activetools.si
Mon Feb 24 13:33:53 UTC 2003

Hi all,

We are thinking of switching from a board that has a processor with MMU
to a board with a processor without MMU and using uClinux instead of
Linux. While doing some research about the uClinux and uclib I have
discovered that there seams to be some problem regarding doing malloc
under uClinux. We have an application that does a lot of malloc for
small object (20K) and then freeing them - from what I read this can
lead to fragmentation and inability to relocate (or just to locate) new
free memory - is this true? And are there really so many problems with
malloc under uClib/uClinux?

	Regards Simon