[uClibc]GTK+ setuid problem

Simon Davis sd1324 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 05:20:19 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with GTK+.  Whenever I attempt to run gqmpeg (frontend for mpg321/mpg123)
gtk+ exits with the warning below.

> Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid or setgid.
> This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
> program instead. For further details, see:
>
>     http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html
>
> Refusing to initialize GTK+.

I understand why the gtk+ developers did this but the problem I'm having is no part of gqmpeg,
gtk+ or the supporting libraries are marked setuid/setgid.

I'm running this on the uC development root filesystem.  I've tried it as root and a non-root user
and I still get the same error.

Has anyone come across this?  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

SD