[uClibc]Re: busybox failed in new root_fs-powerpc.bz2

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Feb 18 06:28:39 UTC 2003

On Tue Feb 18, 2003 at 10:18:37AM +0800, ycig wrote:
> I have tried with new root_fs-powerpc and it seems the same as
> last release.
>
> I commented all items in inittab except
> ttyS0::respawn:/bin/sh
> and replace the link /bin/sh with busybox.
> it can entered the shell.

Ok so it does work, at least partially for you.  I can chroot
into the thing on my powerpc test system

> With original link to bash,it can not entered the shell.
>

> if I use getty from tinylogin in the inittab,it hangs.
> I have not good debug method,just use  perror_msg as stub,
> and get the result:
>

> all stub msgs before(around line 615 in getty.c tinylogin 1.4)
> "
>    if(ioctl(0, TCGETA, tp)<0)
>        error("%s: ioctl: %m",tty);
> "
> can be seen,after that can not be seen.

Interesting.  The TCGETA ioctl is supposed to fetch the current
termio parameters and store them in the struct termio pointed to
by tp.  Only thing I can think of is that ioctl is busted on
powerpc, but then it should have hung earlier... <ponders>

Ok, looking at glibc-2.3/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/ioctl.c
I see what is going on.  TCSETS (which is what TCGETA is
redefined to in this case) needs to be special cased for powerpc.
I just fixed things up in CVS, and i'm uploading a fixed powerpc
dev image right now.