[uClibc]Static binaries failing on x86 dev image

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Feb 17 17:08:06 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Erik Andersen wrote:

> > I tried to build openpkg-1.2.0 on the x86 dev image (replaced first tar
> > and grep/egrep added fgrep).
> > This builds bash,make,patch,gzip,bzip2,tar,curl,rpm statically. None of
> > these are usable, segfaulting.
> > I have rebuild already uClibc-0.9.18, it is not the cause, so binutils and
> > gcc (maybe libtool) are remaining. I'll replace them too, then will see.
>
> If you have changed the uClibc configuration, it is very possible
> you introduces binary incompatibilities...  If you are going to
> be rebuilding uClibc, it is best to rebuild the entire thing
> using buildroot...
I hope nothing was changed, I do not know what config you are using, but
LOCALE and FULL_RPC are disabled, the rest is default (only adapted path)

I have built now bash separately as static, not with the openpkg
procedure, this worked, so it seems to be an openpkg build problem.

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI