[uClibc]stupid questions

Mark and Janice Juszczec juszczec at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 22:07:35 UTC 2003

Erik

>If I understand your question correctly -- yes, uClibc can >build its own
>shared library loader for mips.

    And the shared library loader is called ld-uClibc-0.9.17.so and is
linked to by ld-uClibc.so.0, right?

>>If I did not enable "Compile native shared library loader" I would need a
>>mipsel version of ld compiled with uClibc.  Is that right?
>
>As the shared library loader is staticly linked, you _could_ use one from
>glibc if you wanted to.  But it will be bigger....

   It looks like my kernel assembles the stack differently than
ldso/ldso/ldso.c expects.  I can confirm this by using my working
ld-2.0.7.so with uClibc, right?

   I'll post my strange stack findings in the next email to the list.

>>What about turning off "Native shared library loader 'ldd' support" ?
>>Would I need a mipsel ld compiled agains uClibc?
>
>uClibc includes a minimal 'ldd' which works by reading the
>ELF headers rather then executing the shared library loader.

   Is this needed to execute stuff compiled/linked with uClibc in when I'm
using the uClibc shared lib loader?  Its not needed if I don't use the
uClibc shared lib loader, is it?

   Mark