[uClibc]compile XFree86 4.2.1

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Mon Feb 10 19:34:11 UTC 2003

Andreas Roth wrote:

>Hello List,
>
>i've installed the uclibc root fs. now i want to build a small X. i
>fetched the souces of XFree86 4.2.1. . the problem ist when i trie to
>compile it. i get the error message "./config/imake/imake: Cannot exec
>/lib/cpp." . Have anybody did this before (i think so :)) ).
>
>i found, that anybody before had this question, but the link which was
>presented there is dead.
>
>thanks in advance
>Andreas

Compiling X is difficult, since some of the first parts of the build
bork when simply using the wrappers. The way around, I found, is in your
host.def, to set the following...

  #define LdCmd /System/uClibc/Tools/i386-uclibc-ld
  #define CcCmd /System/uClibc/Tools/i386-uclibc-gcc
  #ifdef CplusplusCmd
  #undef CplusplusCmd
  #define CplusplusCmd /System/uClibc/Tools/i386-uclibc-g++
  #endif
  #define StdIncDir       /System/uClibc/include

Where /System/uClibc is where my copy of uClibc is installed.

Make sure that you don't have PATH set to anything exotic, same for you
LDFLAGS and CFLAGS.

Hope this helps.
--Michael Adams.