[uClibc]Invalid ELF header

Mark and Janice Juszczec juszczec at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:38:02 UTC 2003

Gentlemen

Before I go digging into the kernel, I want to ask a few other questions.

When I do ldd on the busybox running in the mipsel pda, I get:

[root at mjolnir bin]# /home/markj/myboot/uclibc-dev/bin/mipsel-uclibc-ldd
busybox
        libc.so.0 => /home/markj/myboot/uclibc-dev/lib/libc.so.0
(0x00000000)
        /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 => /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 (0x00000000)

Doesn't this mean the loader on the mipsel pda is looking for libc.so.0 in
/home/markj/...?  I can create /home/markj/... on the pda as a link to /lib,
but that strikes me as a little lame on my part.

Is there a way to make libc.so.0 refer to /lib/libc.so.0 which in turn is
linked to /lib/libuClibc-0.9.17.so on the pda.  Kind of in the same way
setting SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH=/lib in the config file makes the system look
for ld-uClibc.so.0 in /lib.

Or does this mean I'm accidentally using an incorrect tool during make &
link?

On the kernel side, do I want the kernel configured with "Kernel support for
MISC binaries" set to yes?

Mark