[uClibc]Can't compile uclibc-0.9.17 on my RH7.3

John Jeffers john at j-microsystems.com
Mon Feb 3 21:24:01 UTC 2003

>The easiest and most obvious fix is to disable UCLIBC_HAS_LFS in
>your .config file, since 2.2.x kernels do not have large file
>support.  But I have gone ahead and added some fixes so it should
>not compile on 2.2.x kernels even when you have decided to enable
>the UCLIBC_HAS_LFS option.

Just two dumb questions.

Are we now 2.2 kernels and up or can we still support 2.0.38 kernels?  I
use an old snapshot build base.

It used to be it was useless to use RH 7.0 and 7.1 so I kept 6.2 because of
the GCC 2.9X fiasco SuSE kept 2.95 RH 6.2 was 2.95.

Is there a choice between RH7.3, RH8.X and SuSE 8.1 for the cross platform
now without pain (sounds like there is)?

Regards John