[uClibc] Re: binutils-uClibc followup patch

Carl Miller chaz at energoncube.net
Thu Dec 25 23:20:19 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 10:51:44PM +0100, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 04:09:05PM -0800, Carl Miller wrote:
> > Agree with the intent of the patches. I cannot build binutils however. I
> > configure with --target=i386-pc-linux-uclibc but I get the following error
> > when building:
>
> Is there any reason not to use the obvious "simple, no patching needed"
> tuple: i386-uclibc-linux-gnu ?

Yes, the need to patch your gcc sources such that they can't build a
non-uClibc toolchain again.  I refuse to do that.

For further explanation, see:
http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2003-December/007808.html

Sorry about those patches getting lost under an only partially related
thread in the archive thread index.  I probably should have started a
new thread with a subject that better announced those patches.

                        ------Carl