[uClibc] Build uClibc in a different directory from the source tree?

Carl Miller chaz at energoncube.net
Thu Dec 18 05:15:09 UTC 2003

> I consider this a useful feature as well.

Ah, good, it's not just the crowd on the crossgcc list who likes this idea
then!  ;-)

> At the moment I am using a link
> farm to build uClibc in a seperate directory but it would be nicer to have
> this support directly in the tree. The link farm approach is fairly simple.
> I have a script that traverses the source directory tree and when it finds a
> directory it creates a directory in the target tree, when it finds a file in
> the source tree it creates a symlink from the target tree back to the source
> tree.

I thought about doing that, but I really wanted something a little more
sophisticated and autoconf-like.  So that's what I strove for.  Give the
patch a try; let me know how it works for you, and if you prefer it to a
symlink farm.

                               -----Carl