[uClibc] uclibc.mk and staging_dir/include

Christophe Dubach christophe.dubach at epfl.ch
Wed Dec 17 22:56:00 UTC 2003

Ok,
could you please explain me why uClibc complains about
asm-generic/errno.h: No such file or directory when proceding the file
build_arm/uClibc-0.9.24/libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/vfork.S ?
This file vfork.S have this include <asm/errno.h> and the command line
show that gcc is call with -I../../../../include which is the uClibc
include dir. This directory contain a directory asm, and we found the
file errno.h. But this latest file try to include <asm-generic/errno.h>.
So gcc is looking in the staging_dir/usr/include directory and there is
no such file in it.

The missing file come from ther kernel and reside in
build_arm/linux/include directory. So where is the problem ? do I have
to add en include path when compiling uClibc or should I move my kernel
header to staging_dir/include ?

Thanx for your answer...

Christophe.