[uClibc] Re: dropbear openpty

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Wed Dec 10 21:20:32 UTC 2003

> Am Mittwoch, 10. Dezember 2003 16:44 schrieb Martin Moessner:
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I have problems to run dropbear ssh server under uclibc.
> > I get the following message when i run dropbear with -F -E in debug mode.
> > < Jan 03 01:42:36 pty_allocate: openpty: No such file or directory
> > < TRACE: leave sessionpty: failed to allocate pty
> >
> > I use the uclibc development systems toolchain for i386 provided under
> > toolchain (www.uclibc.org)
> > mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts brings also no help.
> > Kernel  config DEVPTS_FS is set.
> >
> > I assume that uclibc ASSUME_DEVPTS flag is set when the i386toolchain was
> > compiled - is that right ?
> >
> > Do you have any other ideas?
>
> I remember that UNIX98PTY_ONLY set to "yes" gives above error.

I do not have problems with this setting, but there was some issue with
I think dropbear-0.36 and an earlier uClibc, where openpty support was not
correctly found.

My proposal, take the latest uClibc (cvs) and dropbear-0.38, rebuild.
These work for me.

Peter

---
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI