[uClibc] PowerPC dynamic linking

Jeffrey Baitis baitisj at evolution.com
Fri Dec 5 01:37:40 UTC 2003

Perhaps I'm having similar issues, too. Could a PowerPC expert comment?
I've just started hacking on this new Motorola 'Ice Cube' 5200LITE EVB.
It has a 603e core, and I specify no compiler flags for the cross
compile. I assume this is correct since my glibc-based kernel seems to
work :P

I've tried the Erik-supplied root_fs-0.9.21+, as well as CVS HEAD and a
snapshot from November 3 before the GCC wrapper changes. None of these
work. I get an error message:

(null): PPID: bad variable name

Seems like the ELF interpreter doesn't recognize the format of
/sbin/init. bummer.

If I replace /sbin/init with a glibc statically-linked version of 'hello
world,' it executes just fine. hrmf.

Am I on the right track here?

Thanks guys.

-Jeff