[uClibc] Size in ps vs. memory use

Ryan Phelps ryan at joescan.com
Tue Aug 26 18:53:14 UTC 2003

My application uses pthreads for an embedded server's connection
handling.  Ps (the busybox version) reports growing memory usage in the
Size field as connections are made and destroyed.  I've done some
constructor/destructor counting, and everything is getting destroyed as
far as my objects go.

Is there some sort of tricky memory management for pthreads or mutexes?
My threads call pthread_exit to kill themselves, and I'm calling
pthread_mutex_destroy for all my mutexes.

Does ps report immediate changes in the heap size allocated to a
process?

I'm using busybox v0.60.5 and uClibc 0.9.15

Thanks!

Ryan Phelps, Design Engineer
T (360) 993-0069
F (360) 993-0064