[uClibc] printf and non-decimal bases

John Williams jwilliams at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 03:50:55 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've ported uClibc to the microblaze FPGA-based soft-processor as part
the uclinux port that platform. Everything seems to work well - memory
allocation, IO, signal handling, all the usual suspects.

However, one remaining uclibc gremlin has me confused.  printf always
prints zeros if you try to output a number in a non-decimal base.

Thus, printf("%d",intvar) works fine, however printf("%x",intvar) and
the octal equivalent always produce zeros.

The same happens when first creating the strings with sprintf and so on,
so it's somewhere deep in there.

Has anybody seen anything like this before, or have any suggestions on
where I should look?

Thanks,

John