[uClibc] Re: [uClinux-dev] GCC target for uClinux with uClibc

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Sun Aug 10 06:44:23 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 12:34:58AM +0200, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in order to make some of the GCC patches acceptable,
> I must avoid uClinux specific changes in the m68k-elf
> target headers.
>
> The only solution is adding a new target specific to
> uClinux, or uClibc, or both.
>
> I was thinking about m68k-uclinux-elf or m68k-uclibc-elf.
> Some of the constraints are:

There right target would probably be <arch>-unknown-linux-uclibc,
similar to the <arch>-unknown-linux-glibc that was used during
the glibc transition.

> - I would like to keep configuring binutils as
>   "m68k-elf" because the uClinux specific patches
>   don't conflict with embedded targets.

I don't think that'll work.  The whole idea of the target tuples
is that they're the same all over the place.  But you should tell
autoconf in binutils that m68-unknown-linux-uclibc is the same
as m68k-elf once the new config.* files are imported.