[uClibc]pthread and arm-nommu

Jerome Lefranc jerome.lefranc at oxance.com
Thu Apr 24 11:34:39 UTC 2003

Hi all,

According to the mailing list, pthread normally works for arm mmu-less
processors since uClibc 0.9.10.

But I still have an undefined function __libc_fork which prevents me to
sucessfully compile all my threaded aplications.

libpthread.a:ptfork.o:         U __libc_fork

__libc_fork() function is defined into:
libc/sysdeps/linux/common/syscalls.c

#       ifdef __UCLIBC_HAS_MMU__
#define __NR___libc_fork __NR_fork
                 _syscall0(pid_t, __libc_fork);
                 weak_alias (__libc_fork, fork)
#       else
                 pid_t fork(void)
                 {
                         __set_errno(ENOSYS);
                         return -1;
                 }
#       endif
#endif

So, without MMU, __libc_fork is undefined, fork() calls return error.
Moreover libpthread redefine all its vfork() calls to fork(), so
returning errors.

Can someone confirm the real status of pthread support  with arm
mmu-less processors ?

Thanks for your help.

Jerome Lefranc

--
Jerome Lefranc - Software development manager
Oxance (http://www.oxance.com)
email: jerome.lefranc at oxance.com