[uClibc]question on wchar in 0-9.19

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Tue Apr 22 17:30:44 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a telnet app to run. We've upgraded to
uclicb-0.9.19 on a mipsel system. The libraries installed on the
system come from the pre-built mips release you can get from the
home page of uclibc. The compiler is built using gcc-3.2.2. The
telnet code gets a

	Invalid multibyte format string

when doing a sprintf(). I don't know what the pre-built release looks
like. My .config file in .../uClibc has this

#
# String and Stdio Support
#
UCLIBC_HAS_WCHAR=y
# UCLIBC_HAS_LOCALE is not set
# USE_OLD_VFPRINTF is not set

We do not have any locale stuff set as far as I know. The actual line of code
looks like this.

	#define TELOPT_TTYPE 24
	static char doopt[] = { IAC, DO, '%', 'c', 0 };
	sprintf(nfrontp, doopt, TELOPT_TTYPE);

This all worked with the old release (0.9.12). Any ideas what I need to
fix to get this working again?

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all
about two, because "two" is "one and one." We forget that we still have
to make a study of "and."
    -- Sir Arthur Eddington