[uClibc]Where is "string" source??

Randy Worzella worzella at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 15 14:39:36 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I am currently developing/testing a suite of PowerPC assembler
versions of the main string and memory routines. Right now
I am working with the GLIBC environment, ala' sysdeps/powerpc.

Then I started getting interested in uClibc because my main
interest is in embedded applications. So I downloaded the
latest uClibc source and after poking around I was surprised
I could not find the basic source code for string and memory
operations.

I do see inline code, but is this the only implementation of
string and memory functions for uClibc? I think I looked
everywhere in the source tree.. did I miss something?

Can anyone help a newcomer understand the implementation
of string and memory functions in uClibc? Or at least point me to
the code that gets invoked when the nice test program in test/string
runs.

Thanks for your time,

Randy Worzella

Randall (Randy) W. Worzella
PowerPC Embedded Software Development
IBM Microelectronics Division
Dept 70XA/062    3039 Cornwallis Rd,  RTP,  NC  27709
Phone:                   (919) 254-2202, T/L 8-444-2202
Internet e-mail:       worzella at us.ibm.com