[uClibc]problems compiling lshd

Matthew Bloch matthew at bytemark.co.uk
Sun Sep 29 22:26:01 UTC 2002

On Friday 27 September 2002 17:54, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Sep 27, 2002 at 05:13:08PM +0100, Matthew Bloch wrote:
> > On Friday 27 September 2002 12:41, Alex King wrote:
> > > I am trying to compile lsh-1.4 (ssh replacement) against uClibc-0.9.15.
> > > lsh itself works ok, but lshd, the sshd replacement doesn't.  It seems
> > > there is a problem with assigning a pty.
> >
> > For what it's worth, I patched fressh (www.fressh.org) to compile under
> > Linux, and compiled against uClibc I get exactly the same problem: seems
> > to get a signal 11 as soon as a connection is accepted, no problem with
> > glibc.
>
> Interesting.  Any chance of getting an strace and/or ltrace
> of the segfault?  I assume the /dev/pts filesystem is mounted
> and you compiled uClibc with UNIX98PTY_ONLY and ASSUME_DEVPTS
> enabled?

Yes, those are both on.

Attached is the patch I used to compile a static version of fressh, which is
to be applied against http://www.fressh.org/fressh-0.3.1.tar.gz .  Also the
ltrace and strace outputs from running:

./sshd -Ddk -h sshd.key -p 2222

and then sshing from another machine where the RSA key matches.

--
Matthew Bloch         Bytemark Computer Consulting Limited
                                http://www.bytemark.co.uk/