[uClibc]configure error (ld doesn't work)

Magnus Mager magnus-m at gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 06:33:26 UTC 2002

Hi there (again)!

So, I've checked the config.log after the (better: allmost all) configure
script failed with this error message:
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

The config.log file says:
configure:820: checking for gcc
configure:933: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:949: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/usr/bin/ld: -m: command not found
collect2: ld returned 127 exit status
configure: failed program was:

#line 944 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

The ld program really doesn't work like I expected it to do... - Is that a
bug or have I failed to install uClibc correctly?

Thanks.

Magnus