[uClibc]libstdc++/iostreams and uclibc

Sanctus Evanidus evanidus at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 16 21:10:03 UTC 2002

John Kew <jkew at calpoly.edu> wrote:

> I am attempting to build libstdc++ against uclibc for i386. Has anyone had
> sucess with this, or are there instructions for this procedure?
>
> I've been using the m68k build script as a guide with gcc version 2.95.3. I
> can build the gcc binaries against uclibc, but I'm having numerous problems
> building libstd++ shared libraries.

I've built libstdc++ and libio (for iostreams) from gcc 2.95.3. Only needed
to fix some headers.

I don't have common instructions on how to do it but you might want to have a
look at the gcc 2.95.3 and uclibc 0.9.14 (work with 0.9.15) patches mentioned
in the uClibc LFS (linux from scratch) hint avaible on

http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/uclibc-lfs.txt

Basicaly you only need to apply the part of the uClibc patch that edits
uClibc_stdio.h (small work around), apply the gcc patches and copy the
_G_config.h as the hint explains it.

The link to the patches is avaible in the hint.

I've only tested this on x86 and the way my hint does things but I hope it'll
help anyway.

Good luck.

-Evan