[uClibc]Compiling uClibc with itself

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Fri Sep 13 12:10:06 UTC 2002

Hi,

I've bumped into another problem. I'm attempting to build uClibc on
my mipsel embedded system. I've already got 0.9.12 running and want
to upgrade to 0.9.15. The 0.9.12 build is linked against libc. What
I'm doing this time is using my last uClibc build as my compiler.
This way I can upgrade and ditch libc all in one step. Everything
works fine until I try and compile ldso. Then I get the error

  .../mipsel-uclibc-strip -x -R .note -R .comment mipsel/resolve.o
  .../mipsel-uclibc-strip: mipsel/resolve.o: Inappropriate ioctl for device

If I try and strip a complete executable file there is no problem. I've
looked at the binutils code and there are no ioctl calls there. (There's
one in libiberty/mpw.c but I don't think that is used here) Does anyone
have any idea what's going on here?

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff