[uClibc]Re: [uClinux-dev] Cross-Compiling gcc-2.95.3

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Thu Sep 12 13:18:43 UTC 2002

Hi Uwe,

Uwe Beutin wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Uwe Beutin wrote:
>

>>I have a pretty simple question, I guess. "Out of curiosity" (and, of
>>course, to understand the toolset build,) I am trying to cross-compile
>>gcc-2.95.3 for a m68k-elf target using the previously m68k-elf-targeted
>>binutils-2.13.
>>
>>So I do a
>>
>>configure --target=m68k-elf --enable-multilib --enable-languages=c ..
>>
>>Upon the make process (I have a Redhat 7.2-system and use their
>>2.11-assembler) I get the message "as: unrecognized option '-mc68020'"
>>in libgcc1-asm.a. So I also compiled the binutils for i686-linux and
>>tried to use the 2.13-assembler, but I get the same error.
>>
>>Looking at the man page, I see that there is an option -m68020 and not
>>-mc68020...
>>
>>If i understand correctly, the toolset which gcc uses to compile itself
>>should be native to the machine. Using the as from the
>>toolchain-m68k-elf build will not work, right?!

The file libgcc1-asm.a is intended to be cross compiled for
the target architecture. So it should be compiled with m68k-elf-as
in your case (which is also /usr/local/m68k-elf/bin/as).

My best guess would be that you have some installation problem with
your cross binutils package.

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer  --  Chief Software Wizard        EMAIL:  gerg at snapgear.com
Snapgear Pty Ltd                               PHONE:    +61 7 3279 1822
825 Stanley St,                                  FAX:    +61 7 3279 1820
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia              WEB:   www.SnapGear.com