[uClibc]Re: Putting uclibc in a linux distribution?

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Sep 12 06:43:47 UTC 2002

On Thu Sep 12, 2002 at 08:38:03AM +0200, Christian MICHON wrote:
> as for people with x86, having these goodies compiled with tcc would make
> it even smaller ! I just started with the latest tcc (x86 only, I know :( )
> released 9th of September.

Are you sure tcc will make things smaller?  I've seen some
numbers comparing busybox compiled with tcc vs busybox compiled
by gcc, and the gcc code was substantially smaller...  Granted
gcc itself is huge compared to tcc, but I don't believe tcc does
anywhere near the same level of size optimization.