[uClibc]Hi, upgrading to uClibc 9/6 snapshot ...

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Tue Sep 10 17:53:11 UTC 2002

Marshall,

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 04:33:24PM -0700, Marshall M. Midden wrote:
> > > ... re: time.h
> > >
> > > We have time functions implemented -- I grabbed "date" from OpenBSD --
> > > since I put the year 2000 fixes in years ago, I knew it... .
> >
> > That wasn't mentioned in your previous post.  Did you roll your own time
> > implementation, or are you using someone else's?  And how does it compare
> > in size and features to the uClibc implementation?
>
> It is bigger, but if one needs the time zone ... ?

Quoting the FAQ...

 Why does localtime() return times in UTC even when I have my timezone
 set?

  The uClibc time functions get timezone information from the TZ
  environment variable, as described in the Single Unix Specification
  Version 3. See
  http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/xbd_chap08.html
  for details on valid settings of TZ. For some additional examples,
  read  http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2002-August/006261.html in
  the uClibc mailing list archive.

Manuel