[uClibc]Re: malloc, munmap, etc...

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Thu Oct 31 22:28:41 UTC 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 10:43:24PM +0100, Uwe Beutin wrote:
> >   * Are you getting messages on the console like:
> >
> >       munmap of non-mmaped memory by process PID (NAME): ADDR
>
> Yes, lots of them. Actually, most of them are from boa-0.94-13.

That's probably the problem then (it's caused by a mismatch between what how
the uClinux kernel implements munmap and how malloc thought it did).

This problem has been fixed in the CVS version of uClibc (I'm not sure if
there are any release versions that correspond to this), so I'd recommend
that you try to upgrade to that.  It would be enough to upgrade the
`libc/stdlib/malloc' directory and the top-level Makefile though.

[then of course you have to make sure all your apps get relinked, if you're
using static libraries]

Let me know if I can help with this.

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.