[uClibc]buildroot not building correctly

Stacy D. Coil coil.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 31 19:44:50 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am trying to build the buildroot source and keep getting errors.  I've
tried using the latest releases for busybox and uclibc and the snapshots to
now avail.  Are the any distructions as the README is a little sparse.

Will the make file create a statically linked source?  If it does, how does
one created a build using shared libraries?

Here is the output that I am getting:

perl -i -p -e 's,^HAS_WCHAR.*,HAS_WCHAR=false,g'
/home/coil/buildroot/build/uClibc/Config
# Note that since the target compiler does not yet exist, we will not
# be able to properly generate include/bits/syscall.h so we will need
# to run part again later...
make -C /home/coil/buildroot/build/uClibc headers uClibc_config install_dev;
make[1]: /home/coil/buildroot/build/staging_dir/bin/i386-uclibc-gcc:
Command not found
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/coil/buildroot/build/uClibc'
¨ßB¨ßBrm -f include/asm;

The path '/usr/src/linux/include/asm' doesn't exist.
I bet you didn't set KERNEL_SOURCE, TARGET_ARCH or HAS_MMU in `Config'
correctly.  Please edit `Config' and fix these settings.

make[1]: *** [headers] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/coil/buildroot/build/uClibc'
make: *** [/home/coil/buildroot/build/uClibc/.configured] Error 2

Thanks for your help,

--Stacy