[uClibc]Re[2]: Fwd: OpenSSH problems

Valera valeriy at levsha.ru
Thu Oct 31 13:08:39 UTC 2002

Hello,

EA> On Thu Oct 31, 2002 at 10:11:44AM +0300, Valera wrote:
>> But I can't compile OpenSSH (openssh_3.4p1) with uClibc.
>> For the information(inquiry): for construction uClibc-based system I
>> use Linux Slackware 8.0 and uClibc-0.9.15 wrapper.
>> I have executed all recommendations given by Erik Andersen in the
>> letter (see below) from October, 21 2002:
>>
>> > There are several ways to approach solving this problem.  Step
>> > one is to make sure you have built and installed zlib into the
>> > directory where you are putting your shared libraries (in the
>> > above case, into ~/staging_dir).  This is the easy part.
>>
>> > There are several possible ways to approach step two.  The
>> > easiest way to fix things up (assuming you built uClibc with
>> > SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH=/lib and are both building on and building
>> > for x86 systems) is to create a ld-uClibc.so.0 symlink
>> > in the /lib directory of your build system.
>>
>> But these measures did not give desirable result.
>> In that letter Eric Andersen also has written:

EA> Where is your uClibc development environment installed?
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/

I built uClibc with:
SHARED_LIB_LOADER_PATH=/lib
DEVEL_PREFIX=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc
And I use:
root at minilinux:~# export PATH=/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/bin:$PATH

EA> What does 'ls -l /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0' show?
root at minilinux:~# ls -l /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root  root 41 Oct 30 13:32 /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 -> /usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0

Valery

                            mailto:valeriy at levsha.ru