[uClibc](fwd) Re: Making OpenSSH work with uClibc

Joseph Chiu josephc at idealab.com
Mon Oct 21 23:50:08 UTC 2002

I built FreeSSH with openssl-0.9.6c and zlib-1.1.3.

(Hmm, now that I think about it, I suspect you can get rid of the zlib
dependency if you don't need compression.)

I used the patches that Matthew Bloch provided around September 30, and made
a few minor adjustments, and got it to work.  (Look back in the list
archives -- we exchanged a few e-mails then.)  See, especially, his message
dated September 30, 2002 4:28 AM.  He had a point about realloc()...

450KBytes for a *STATIC* MIPS ssh daemon is pretty good, considering that a
x86 *shared* glibc-compiled sshd (from openSSH) is about 250K, and then
links to gobs of shared libraries.

Joseph