[uClibc]BUFSIZ (to get TeX to compile)

Michaël Tousignant evanidus at videotron.ca
Wed Oct 16 22:26:16 UTC 2002

Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> wrote:

> On Wed Oct 16, 2002 at 05:36:29PM -0400, jsmaby at virgo.umeche.maine.edu wrote:
> > I'm using uClibc-0.9.15, and gcc-2.95.3 (with the patch that shipped
> > with LFS-3.3, and another that Evanidus made to be friendly with
> > uClibc).  I guess gcc copied its stdio.h over uClibc's.  I'll try
> > narrowing down how it happened.
>
> I know the gcc toolchains that I made (available on uclibc.org
> and on the kernel.org mirrors) do the Right Thing(tm).  Perhaps
> you might want to download those and compare notes vs the LFS
> stuff,

Just to make things a little clearer...

The "evanidus" patch only re-arrange some headers to have gcc 2.95.3 properly
compile the complete libio (staticly linked in libstdc++) libstdc++ and
c++ compiler.

I've noticed no BUFSIZ problems personaly but I didn't try to compile TeX.
(There still isn't any conditionals that can let it not be set like you said
before.)

Note: The way he installed it (w/ the quick uclibc patch I made) is basicaly
very similar to how glibc is installed. e.g. libraries goes in /lib using
similar names as glibc (fooling everything into thinking it is glibc to
avoid problems in a easy way)

Basicaly used to make a easy system where uclibc is the main shared libc.
(And where uClibc is compiled in an environement without glibc using
temporary static tools like with LFS)

Note: that "hint" need updates (some patches arn't needed anymore with
current uClibc and the like) but I'm waiting for next uClibc release. ;)

-Evanidus