Standalone :) ?? Re: [uClibc]Awk poetry ;) [was: awk replacement for initfini.pl]

John van V. john_van_v at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 14:57:20 UTC 2002

Hi, thanks again,

This is great stuff, it fits my ideas for a standalone light weight linux that
runs from a CD and installs into the box anyway you want.  Devil-Linux is the
model for this, especially since it is a vehicle for IPTABLES and other
security tools.  In other words, it is rock-solid.

However, when I suggested uClibc to them, they were hesitant.  So shipping a
solid standalone that I can port to ISOLINUX would go along way to convince
them to make the entire core, and many of the application packages, a Busybox
variant.

Ultimately, this model will allow very small mobile systems to act as servers,
or even "donors", servers which serve applications, or lib modules or even core
methods as are found in Perl and Ruby modules.

I have to create a new boot flow process chart.  One of my linux society
members, reconbot at aol.com -- Francis, is working on bios boot linux, so I need
to see how the boot flow works so I can to create scripts to install your stuff
into his project, and then wrap the whole thing into a DL based distro CD.

Btw, we call our stuff eLSD, after Linux Society Distro.  I added the "e" to be
more politically correct, but members tend to drop it in normal communication.

I will forward this to my list and Devil-Linux as well.

Thanks, John

Oh btw, has anybody ported Ruby to uClibc ;) ??

=====
John van Vlaanderen--